Packaged taco seasonings and taco shells can be a source of added gluten. This gluten-free taco recipe uses a homemade taco seasoning mix and organic gluten-free taco shells. Shredded baby spinach, red onions, and avocado add vitamins, minerals, healthy fatty acids and vibrant color to this healthy version of a classic favorite.
- 6 gluten-free hard taco shells (See tip)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups baby spinach (loosely packed, finely shredded)
- 1/2 cup finely red onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh avocado (chopped)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place taco shells on a baking tray and warm in a 350F oven for 5 minutes.
- Brown ground beef in olive oil until completely cooked.
- On low heat, stir in 2 tablespoons of gluten-free taco seasonings and 3 tablespoons of water. Simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fill each taco shell with a layer of seasoned ground beef, chopped avocado, chopped onion, shredded spinach and top with shredded cheese. Garnish with a thin slice of avocado.
Bearitos® brand hard corn taco shells and taco seasoning are gluten-free.
Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans, and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.