Many soup recipes, particularly vegetarian and vegan soup recipes, call for vegetable broth as a base, instead of water or cream. If you're strictly avoiding gluten, you'll need to make sure you use a gluten-free vegetable broth, such as Pacific Foods brand or Imagine Foods brand and avoid any cubes or powders, which are almost never gluten-free. Of course, the simplest way to make sure your vegetable broth is gluten-free is to make it yourself! Here's how to make a simple homemade vegetable broth.
See also: Simple gluten-free vegan dinner ideas
You'll also need to watch out for soups which are thickened with flour, or, use an alternative and gluten-free thickener, such as arrowroot powder.
Vegan soups should have plenty of flavor, though, so be sure to use plenty of seasonings, including spices and fresh herbs, and, since much of the flavor will come from the ingredients themselves, use the freshest and best quality produce you can find.
Try one of these simple homemade 100% gluten-free and vegan soup recipes - no substitutions needed!
Gluten-Free Vegetable Soup Recipes:
- Pumpkin coconut soup
- Vegan lentil soup with potatoes and spinach
- Vegan acorn squash soup
- Easy carrot ginger soup
- Sweet potato soup with pumpkin
- Simpified Thai coconut soup
- Curried carrot coconut soup
- Vegan cream of carrot
- Creamy spinach basil soup
- Simple potato and leek soup recipe
- Roasted chestnut soup
- Potato and corn chowder with vegan cream cheese
- Simple Indian-spiced cabbage soup recipe
- Gluten-free sweet potato and corn bisque
- Indian vegetable soup with Madras curry
- Vegan butternut squash soup (use gluten-free vegetable broth)
Gluten-Free Tomato Soup Recipes:
Gluten-Free Bean Soup Recipes:
Gluten-Free Vegan Soups in the Crockpot: