Can you make a gluten-free vegetarian and vegan stuffing without using bread? Sure can! This recipe is a gluten-free vegetarian Thanksgiving stuffing recipe with rice and almonds instead of bread, but with all the traditional stuffing ingredients, including celery, mushrooms and poultry seasoning.
This is the most popular gluten-free vegan stuffing recipe on TheSpruce. If you need a gluten-free stuffing recipe for Thanksgiving that is vegetarian and vegan as well, this is an excellent one to try. Recipe courtesy of Ener-G Foods.
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup celery leaves, chopped
- 1 4 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 3 tbsp vegan margarine
- 2 cups gluten-free vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, sautee onion, celery, celery leaves, mushroom and rice in margarine for a few minutes, until onion and celery is soft and rice is golden.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 2-quart casserole or baking pan.
- Stir in gluten-free vegetable broth, salt and poultry seasoning.
- Cover and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until rice is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork, then sprinkle the top with chopped toasted almonds.
- This vegetarian and vegan stuffing recipe is gluten-free and wheat-free.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|