This simple, hot and tangy curry is delicious! For me, it brings back happy memories of childhood family holidays to Goa. We would often eat this curry at roadside stalls or beach shacks. It is so easy to make and tastes great with plain boiled rice.
- 1 kg/ 2 lbs (approx) Goa Sausage, remove the meat from the skin
- 4 tablespoons vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 2 large potatoes peeled and chopped into 1" cubes
- 2 large onions sliced thin
- 2 large tomatoes chopped fine
- 3 green chillies
- 1 cup hot water
- Salt to taste
- Pour the cooking oil into a wok or deep, heavy-bottomed cooking pot. Heat on medium heat till oil is hot. Now add the potato cubes and fry, stirring often, till golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep aside on paper towels to drain.
- In the same wok/ pot, add the sliced onions and fry till translucent. Stir often.
- Now add the tomatoes and green chilies and fry till the tomatoes are pulpy.
- Add the hot water, salt to taste and stir well. Bring water to a boil.
- Now add the sausage meat and the fried potatoes. Stir well. Cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and serve the curry with piping hot, plain boiled rice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||32 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|