This tasty goat cheese grilled cheese is loaded full of a Fennel and Black Pepper Bacon Spread - by Skillet Bacon Jam! To balance out the sweetness of the flavor packed bacon jam, we've paired it with tart goat cheese and fontina to make it rich, creamy, and completely irresistible!
If you'd like to get your hands on this tasty spread or want to see more of what you can do with Mouth.com's "Grilled Cheese, Please" taster box, then click [HERE] to visit my personal blog Grilled Cheese Social or click the related links below to get even more awesome grilled cheese recipes!
- 2 slices bread (sourdough)
- 1 tbsp Fennel and Black Pepper Bacon Spread by Skillet Bacon Jam
- 1.5 tbsp goat cheese
- 1.5 slices fontina
1. Begin by smearing or crumbling the goat cheese onto one slice of sourdough bread. Dollop the Fennel and Black Pepper Bacon Spread on top and then add the slices of fontina. Place the remaining piece of sourdough on top and butter the exterior of the sandwich. Set aside.
2. If you're using a panini press - which is the easiest and fastest way - Turn the heat to medium high and place the buttered sandwich in.
Let it cook for a few minutes until all the cheese has melted and the top and the bottom of the sandwich are golden brown.
3. If you're using a non-stick pan - Place the buttered sandwich in the pan and turn the heat to medium. Cook for a few minutes on one side until the bread is golden and crispy and the bottom layer of cheese has begun to soften and melt. Carefully flip the sandwich and repeat until the other side is equally as golden brown and the cheese has completely melted.
4. Once the sandwich is done cooking, let it rest for a minute before serving so the cheese can coagulate and won't ooze out as you cut it.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||80 g|
|Saturated Fat||49 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||22 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|