|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 34g||44%|
|Saturated Fat 12g||61%|
|Total Carbohydrate 46g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||34%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Looking for a way to make your lunchbox more exciting? Try this tasty French-style sandwich with rosemary ham, goat cheese, apple, lemon, and arugula! It's sweet, salty, spicy, and crunchy and makes the perfect lunchtime meal.
- 1 small baguette (French)
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 lb. ham (rosemary)
- 1/2 apple (sliced)
- 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 1 handful baby arugula
- 2 tbsp. goat cheese (crumbled)
- 1 wedge lemon
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
Steps to Make It
Using a serrated knife, cut the small French baguette in half.
Place the sandwich on parchment paper or butcher paper and drizzle the inside of the bread with olive oil.
Add rosemary ham, the apple, and a drizzle of honey to one side.
Add the arugula, the goat cheese and the juice from one lemon wedge to the other half and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Wrap the sandwich in butcher paper and either refrigerate until ready to eat or cut the sandwich down the middle and serve immediately.
- Don't eat meat? Ditch the ham and add more apple slices and more goat cheese crumbles. Or try adding roasted carrots, pureed roasted butternut squash, or pickled beets for an unexpected burst of awesomeness!
- Want fewer carbs but still all that bready goodness? Try scooping the interior of the sandwich out. This not only cuts down on carbs but it also helps all the ingredients stay packed together on the sandwich so nothing will fall out as you eat it. Or try ditching the bread altogether and mixing all the ingredients into a salad bowl for a beautiful guilt-free lunch.
- This sandwich is perfect for picnics, lunch boxes, or even as an appetizer for parties! Turn this sandwich into a gorgeous crostini appetizer by slicing the baguette into coins, toasting them, then topping each round with a slice of apple, a little chunk of ham, a crumble of goat cheese and fresh arugula leaves topped with olive oil, lemon, and salt and pepper.