Gobhi methi, also known as gobi methi, is a traditional Indian dish. Cauliflower florets are marinated in a delicious ginger and garlic yogurt sauce then fried with onions and tomatoes. Team this vegetarian dish with plain boiled rice or hot chapatis (Indian flatbread).
- 1/2 kg cauliflower florets
- 250 gms fenugreek leaves (stalks removed)
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsps cooking oil (
- vegetable/ canola/ sunflower oil)
- 1 large onion (chopped fine)
- 3 large tomatoes (chopped fine)
- Dash salt (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (juice of 1 lime)
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves (chopped, to garnish)
- Mix the yogurt, ginger and garlic pastes and all the spices well.
- Add the cauliflower florets to this mixture and marinate for an hour.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan, add the onions and fry until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and fry till soft.
- Add the cauliflower and yogurt marinade and mix well.
- Add the fenugreek leaves and mix well. Add salt to taste.
- Cook till the cauliflower is done (but not too soft), stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the fire, garnish with the lime juice and chopped coriander leaves and serve with plain boiled rice or chapatis (Indian flatbread).
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|