|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Total Carbohydrate 20g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The golden Cadillac is a delicious cocktail that was developed in the 1970s. A fantastic dessert drink, this creamy martini is light on the alcohol and pairs nicely with almost any sweet dessert, especially if it includes chocolate.
The key ingredient for this recipe is Galliano, that golden liqueur in a tall bottle that towers over all others in the bar. It adds a distinct taste of over 30 flavors, including anise seed and vanilla, to the slightly rich martini. When paired with the light, sweet chocolate of crème de cacao and cream, you get an intriguing contrast of flavors that is a pure delight.
To make this recipe even more appealing, it's a quick one to mix up. Since the three ingredients are poured in equal amounts, it's very easy to remember as well. This is definitely a great drink to add to your repertoire for those times when you're in the mood for a little indulgence.
- 3/4 ounce cream
- 3/4 ounce white crème de cacao
- 3/4 ounce Galliano Liqueur
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes, pour the cream, white crème de cacao, and Galliano.
Serve and enjoy!
- If the cream is too heavy for you, use half and half instead. It's the perfect balance between thick cream and thin milk and is an excellent choice for many dairy cocktails.
- Crème de cacao is a sweet chocolate-flavored liqueur that comes in two varieties: dark (brown) and white (clear). While they generally taste the same and you can use either, the liqueurs' colors will change the look of the drink. In order to keep your Cadillac "golden," go with the white option so the brown doesn't compete with Galliano's yellow color.
- With any cream-based cocktail, make sure your dairy products are fresh. Check the expiration date and give it a sniff test. If it smells off, it will ruin the drink and waste your liqueur.
- Rich cocktails are much better when served as cold as possible. The easiest way to ensure your golden Cadillac stays cold from the first sip to the last is to use a well-chilled glass. If you're serving it after dinner, stick your cocktail glasses in the freezer while you eat and they'll be nice and frosty when it's time for dessert.