|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 16g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||48%|
|Total Carbohydrate 20g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 20g|
|Vitamin C 12mg||59%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The golden dream definitely is a dreamy cocktail. The orange-flavored cream martini is delicious, makes a fantastic dessert drink, and is very easy to mix up.
In the recipe, all of the ingredients are poured equally. That makes it easy to remember, as long as you can recall the ingredients. It begins by flavoring cream with orange juice and Cointreau (a popular orange liqueur).
While those combine for a tasty little drink—a bit like a creamsicle—things get really interesting when you add Galliano. The eye-catching gold-colored liqueur contributes to the cocktail's name and adds a hint of vanilla spice that gives the drink an intriguing depth you won't soon forget.
3/4 ounce premium triple sec
3/4 ounce Galliano L'Autentico Liqueur
3/4 ounce cream
3/4 ounce orange juice
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the triple sec, Galliano, cream, and orange juice.
Serve and enjoy.
- For creamy cocktails, heavy cream is the most popular option. It's a good choice because it will lighten up during mixing while still providing a luscious drink.
- Fresh-squeezed orange juice will brighten up this drink and complement the orange liqueur wonderfully. A single orange yields 2 to 3 ounces of juice, so you'll have plenty for a few drinks.
- Be sure to serve this in a chilled glass. It helps marry the flavors and keeps your drink cold from start to finish. Since cocktail glasses are awkward to store in the freezer, opt for a quick chill: Place a couple of ice cubes in the glass while you mix the drink, then discard them before straining.
- For a lighter drink, pour milk instead (skim may be too light). Or, you can go with the middle ground option and use half-and-half.
- Dairy alternatives like almond, soy, and rice milk make a good tasting drink, so use one of those if you prefer.
- You can also skip the cream and blend the other ingredients with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a frozen treat.
- Give the golden dream an extra kick by adding vodka or rum. Keep the pour equal to the other ingredients to maintain balance.
- You could also pour an infused version of either with a flavor that complements the orange. Chocolate, ginger, or pomegranate vodkas and coconut or vanilla rums are all great options.
How Strong Is a Golden Dream?
Though this drink doesn't include vodka, whiskey, or other base spirits that are typically high-proof, Cointreau is just as strong as the majority of those. Bottled at 80 proof, it adds a punch to the golden dream that is welcomed. However, this cocktail is not much stronger than a glass of wine, mixing up to just 15 percent ABV (30 proof).