|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 77g||99%|
|Saturated Fat 32g||161%|
|Total Carbohydrate 28g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||9%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Vitamin C 3mg||16%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Flavorful beef short ribs are tender and delicious in the slow cooker. A simple prep consisting of searing the ribs before putting them in the slow cooker, adding the carrots, celery, onion, and seasonings, then topped with condensed mushroom soup makes this an easy weekday meal. This short ribs with vegetables recipe is the ideal comfort meal during the cool months.
Beef short ribs come from the lower part of the ribcage and can be tough as they have a lot of connective tissue. These short ribs are cut usually into two to three inches lengths. They become fall off the bone tender when cooked slowly, making them the perfect candidate for cooking in the slow cooker.
This recipe is very versatile, so feel free to change it up or add other ingredients, such as mushrooms, potatoes, or garlic. While we use canned soup, homemade can be used, also.
Serve these mouthwatering short ribs with mashed potatoes and biscuits or rolls.
4 pounds beef short ribs, cut into 1-rib portions
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 1/2 to 2 cups baby carrots, or carrot chunks
3 ribs celery, cut in chunks
1 large onion, cut into chunks
1 (10 1/2-ounce) can condensed mushroom soup
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
Sprinkle the short ribs with salt, pepper, and flour.
Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the short ribs and brown well on all sides. Discard excess fat and transfer the ribs to a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
Add remaining ingredients—carrots, celery, onions, and soup—and stir to combine the ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
Serve and enjoy.
- For easier cleanup, use nonstick cooking spray on your slow cooker insert before using it.
- If you have an Instant Pot, you can easily convert this slow cooker recipe for the Instant Pot if you'd prefer.
- Peel and cut up some potatoes and add in with the vegetables.
- Make your own homemade condensed soup in place of the canned soup.
- Add some sliced button mushrooms along with the other vegetables.
How to Store
- Leftover beef short ribs can be stored in an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator where they will keep for three to four days.
- To reheat, you can put in the microwave for a fast warmup (don't dry them out though!) or put in a preheated 350 F oven in a pan covered in aluminum foil and heat until warm.