- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (divided)
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (or zest from 1 orange)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup Grand Marnier liqueur (or more orange juice may be used)
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Cream butter with 1 cup of the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks.
- Sift together the dry ingredients; add to the first mixture alternately with sour cream, beating until smooth.
- Stir in orange zest and chopped pecans.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into batter.
- Pour batter into a buttered 9-inch tube pan and bake at 350 F for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar with orange juice and Grand Marnier; pour over hot cake.
- Decorate top with pecan halves. Cool on rack before removing from pan.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)