The best part about this recipe is that it's easy to tweak to your children's own preferences. If they love corn more than green beans, add more corn to the recipe.
You can't mess up this recipe. It only gets better the more you customize it with your family's favorite flavors.
So brace yourself. This recipe will have the kids saying, "More veggies, please!"
- 1 pound of stew meat
- 2 10.5-ounce cans of beef broth
- 1 can of water
- 1 celery stalk, cut into very small pieces
- 1 medium-sized onion, approximately 1/2 cup
- 1 large potato cut into small cubes
- 1 14.5 ounce can of green beans, cut into small pieces, or 1 3/4 cups of fresh green beans
- 1 11-ounce cans of corn niblets or 1 1/4 cups of fresh corn
- 1 14.5-ounce can of diced tomatoes or 1 3/4 cups of fresh tomatoes
- 1 16-ounce bag of frozen peas and carrots or 2 cups of fresh peas and carrots mixed
- Pepper, to taste
In a large soup pot, add all ingredients. Heat to boiling.
Reduce heat to low. Cover for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are nice and tender.
If you have leftovers, the vegetables will soak up the beef broth. Add a splash of water to serve soup again or use the leftovers as-is for a tasty side dish with your main meal.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|