In Greek: ριγανάδα, pronounced ree-ghah-NAH-thah
This is one version of Greek bruschetta and a favorite and easy recipe for a quick snack or accompaniment to drinks. Use homemade crusty country bread, or thick slices of sourdough, french, or italian bread.
- 4 (3/4-inch) slices of bread (country-style)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese (crumbled)
- Extra-virgin olive oil (to taste)
- Garnish: Greek oregano (dried rigani)
Gather the ingredients.
Grill the bread over coals, in the oven, or on a countertop grill until the ridges are clearly defined and the bread is crusty.
Brush well with olive oil while hot.
Top with enough chopped tomatoes to cover, and add crumbled feta cheese to taste and sprinkle with oregano.
Serve and enjoy!
- Quantities depend on the number of people and the size of their appetites. Be creative!
- Try adding a slice of grilled eggplant or some Melitzanosalata (eggplant dip) to the mix!