In Greek: ριγανάδα, pronounced ree-ghah-NAH-thah
This is one version of Greek bruschetta and a favorite and easy recipe for a quick snack or accompaniment to drinks. Use homemade crusty country bread, or thick slices of sourdough, french, or italian bread.
- 4 (3/4-inch) slices of bread (country-style)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese (crumbled)
- Extra-virgin olive oil (to taste)
- Garnish: Greek oregano (dried rigani)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Grill the bread over coals, in the oven, or on a countertop grill until the ridges are clearly defined and the bread is crusty.
- Brush well with olive oil while hot.
- Top with enough chopped tomatoes to cover, and add crumbled feta cheese to taste and sprinkle with oregano.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Quantities depend on the number of people and the size of their appetites. Be creative!
- Try adding a slice of grilled eggplant or some Melitzanosalata (eggplant dip) to the mix!