A recipe for a healthy vegetarian sandwich wrap, inspired by the flavors of Greek cooking, including feta cheese and lightly marinated veggies, wrapped up in a healthy whole wheat flour tortilla. This Greek vegetarian sandwich wrap recipe makes a great lunch or snack.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the Wheat Foods Council.
- 4 10-inch whole wheat tortillas
- 3/4 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 16 cherry tomatoes (more or less, sliced in half)
- 10 black olives (sliced)
- 1/2 red onion (sliced thin)
- 1 small yellow squash (sliced)
- 1 cucumber (diced)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
1. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the tortillas.
2. Let stand for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Drain off liquid and divide salad mixture among the tortillas.
4. Fold bottom of tortilla partially over filling and then roll up.
Nutrition: One serving provides approximately: 267 calories, 9 g protein, 31 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 15 g fat (5 g saturated), 25 mg cholesterol, 39 mcg folate, 2 mg iron, 748 mg sodium.
Like vegetarian sandwiches or wrap sandwiches? Here's a few more to try:
- Vegetarian tempeh and kalamata olive sandwich wrap
- Chickpea salad sandwich with sweet pickle relish
- Easy black bean and avocado wrap
- Vegetarian deli-style sandwich
- Vegan grilled "cheese" with vegetarian bacon
- Engine 2 Diet vegetable and hummus wrap
- Swiss chard and cheese vegetarian wrap sandwich
- More of the best vegetarian and vegan sandwich ideas to try
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||15 g|