A recipe for a healthy vegetarian sandwich wrap, inspired by the flavors of Greek cooking, including feta cheese and lightly marinated veggies, wrapped up in a healthy whole wheat flour tortilla. This Greek vegetarian sandwich wrap recipe makes a great lunch or snack.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the Wheat Foods Council.
- 4 10-inch whole wheat tortillas
- 3/4 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 16 cherry tomatoes (more or less, sliced in half)
- 10 black olives (sliced)
- 1/2 red onion (sliced thin)
- 1 small yellow squash (sliced)
- 1 cucumber (diced)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the tortillas.
- Let stand for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain off liquid and divide salad mixture among the tortillas.
- Fold bottom of tortilla partially over filling and then roll up.
Nutrition: One serving provides approximately: 267 calories, 9 g protein, 31 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 15 g fat (5 g saturated), 25 mg cholesterol, 39 mcg folate, 2 mg iron, 748 mg sodium.
Like vegetarian sandwiches or wrap sandwiches? Here's a few more to try:
- Vegetarian tempeh and kalamata olive sandwich wrap
- Chickpea salad sandwich with sweet pickle relish
- Easy black bean and avocado wrap
- Vegetarian deli-style sandwich
- Vegan grilled "cheese" with vegetarian bacon
- Engine 2 Diet vegetable and hummus wrap
- Swiss chard and cheese vegetarian wrap sandwich
- More of the best vegetarian and vegan sandwich ideas to try
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|