This Greek quinoa salad recipe is made with traditional Mediterranean ingredients including feta cheese, Kalamata olives, and fresh herbs. You could easily make this vegetarian quinoa salad recipe vegan by omitting the feta cheese or using a vegan cheese substitute.
If you like quinoa, you might want to branch out and try some other whole grains, such as kaniwa, millet, and teff! Whole grains such as these are versatile, and, if you buy them in bulk, they're a bargain! If you like quinoa already, here are some healthy whole grains which you've got to try.
- 3 to 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (you may use any flavor you prefer)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (juice from one lemon)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives (sliced if desired)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- Dash salt (or to taste)
- Dash pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
Gather the ingredients.
In a medium-large saucepan, cook the quinoa in vegetable broth for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender, stirring occasionally. Allow to cool.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil.
Gently toss the quinoa together with the remaining ingredients, except feta. Pour the olive oil mixture over the quinoa.
Add more salt and pepper to taste and gently stir in the feta cheese.
Serve and enjoy!
- You may also add any additional vegetables that you like, such as lightly steamed broccoli, snap peas or diced bell pepper.