This Greek-style marinade can be applied to any meat but works particularly well on lamb. Let the meat marinate for several hours so the flavors can infuse. Double or triple the recipe if using on a leg of lamb or any large quantity of meat.
- Juice of large 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL fresh oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL coarse ground black pepper
- Juice two lemons into a small bowl. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking. This will help to emulsify the mixture. Add remaining ingredients and stir. Allow mixture to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before using.
- Use this marinade on all cuts of lamb. Plan on marinating chops and small cuts for about 4 to 5 hours. Large cuts (double recipe) like leg of lamb should be marinated for 8-24 hours. Remember to double or triple the recipe for larger cuts.
- Store mixture in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week after preparation.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|