|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 Portions (4 Servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||26%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This easy salad is a lightly dressed with a tomato juice and vinegar mixture, and the sliced hard-boiled eggs give it extra protein and flavor. Serve the salad on lettuce leaves, arugula, baby spinach or kale, or mixed salad greens.
- 2 cups frozen French-cut beans (about 12 to 16 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup tomato juice or V-8 juice
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf tarragon (crumbled, or dried leaf basil)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced or grated red or yellow onion
- 3 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 hard-cooked eggs (sliced)
- lettuce leaves or mixed salad greens
Cook the green beans following package directions. Drain well and transfer to a bowl.
In a screw-top jar, combine the tomato juice, sugar, and crumbled tarragon or basil. Shake to blend thoroughly. Set aside.
Add the onion and pimiento to the green beans. Toss with the dressing.
Line four plates with lettuce leaves. Divide the sliced hard-boiled eggs evenly among the plates, and then top with the green bean mixture.
Sprinkle each serving lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper.