This easy salad is a lightly dressed with a tomato juice and vinegar mixture, and the sliced hard-boiled eggs give it extra protein and flavor.
Serve the salad on lettuce leaves, arugula, baby spinach or kale, or mixed salad greens.
- 2 cups frozen French-cut beans, about 12 to 16 ounces
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup tomato juice or V-8 juice
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf tarragon, crumbled, or dried leaf basil
- 1 tablespoon finely minced or grated red or yellow onion
- 3 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- lettuce leaves or mixed salad greens
- Cook the green beans following package directions. Drain well and transfer to a bowl.
- In a screw top jar, combine the tomato juice, sugar, and crumbled tarragon or basil. Shake to blend thoroughly. Set aside.
- Add the onion and pimiento to the green beans. Toss with the dressing.
- Line four plates with lettuce leaves. Divide the sliced hard-boiled eggs evenly among the plates, and then top with the green bean mixture.
- Sprinkle each serving lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|