This simple and delicious side dish recipe for Green Beans Amandine (green beans with almonds) is perfect for just about any meal or occasion. It's very easy to make and the perfect complement to everything from roast chicken to grilled steak to hamburgers.
- 1 pound fresh green beans (trimmed)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (toasted if desired)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Trim the beans, cutting off a small part of each end. Look over the beans, discarding any that are wrinkled or limp or have soft spots. Rinse the beans well and pat dry.
- In a heavy saucepan, place the green beans in cold water to cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until the beans are crisp tender. Drain well and set the beans aside.
- Then melt the butter and olive oil in the same saucepan and add the garlic and almonds. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the almonds begin to brown.
- Add the beans along with the lemon juice, salt, and pepper and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
NOTE: You can also use frozen green beans; cook them according to package directions, then drain. Melt butter, add garlic and almonds, and continue with the recipe.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|