Green Beans with garlic, or in Spanish "alibi as Verdes con ago," is a simple and easy recipe that uses nothing but fresh ingredients --green beans and garlic! Green beans are typically served with garlic and tomato sauce in Spanish dishes. Other Spanish recipes include bacon or beans with the green beans.
This may not have the traditional Spanish ingredients and flavors, but it is both delicious and healthy. Try it as a side dish with a traditional dinner or as a side dish with a holiday meal!
- 3/4 lb. fresh green beans
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin Spanish olive oil
- Dash salt to taste
- Thoroughly clean the green beans.
- Snap the ends off of the green beans and then snap the beans in half.
- Set up a steamer.
- Steam the green beans until cooked, but still crisp.
- Mince the garlic.
- Pour olive oil into a heavy-bottom frying pan and heat it up to a medium heat. Add minced garlic and briefly sauté for 3 to 4 minutes until the garlic flavors the oil. Next, add the green beans and toss them in the frying pan to coat with the olive oil and garlic. Keep them on the heat for about the same amount of time, so they are cooked but still crisp.
- Remove the green beans from the heat.
- Lightly salt to taste and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|