|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This flavorful meatloaf is made with ground beef and chopped mild green chile peppers, along with other southwest-style ingredients. Pepper Jack cheese tops off this tasty meatloaf.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped mild green chile, drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chili-seasoned diced tomatoes, divided
- 3 to 4 slices pepper jack cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, combine the beef, pork, bread crumbs, onion, egg, salt, pepper, chili powder, chopped cilantro, chile peppers, and about half of the tomatoes; reserve the remaining tomatoes for later.
Shape the mixture into a loaf and place on the prepared baking pan. Bake the meatloaf for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Top with the sliced cheese and continue baking just until cheese is melted, about 2 to 4 minutes.
Heat the remaining tomatoes and serve sliced meatloaf with a spoonful or two of the tomatoes. Serves 6.