This thick, rich, green olive salad dressing is great on slightly bitter greens such as radicchio and endive. Make that winter salad shine with a heavy dusting of finely grated Parmesan cheese.
This dressing can also double as a quick and delicious dairy-free dip for crudités or to spread on crackers or toasts for quick hors d'œuvres.
- 18 medium olives (green)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons
- olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or vinegar (white wine or sherry vinegar are good choices)
- 1 dash salt (fine sea salt, to taste)
- 1 dash black pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
- If they aren't pitted, pit the olives.
- Mince the pitted olives and garlic into a paste, mash them in a mortar and pestle, or pulse them in a blender.
- Whisk or blend in the oil and lemon juice or vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste. (You can also do this in a blender if you like.) Use the dressing immediately or cover and chill up to a week.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|