This is a great, easy flatbread recipe that makes a delicious side dish to any meal. These can be used for making pita sandwiches, pizza or pretty much anything.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water (ice cold)
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons
- baking powder
- 1 pinch baking soda
- Combine all ingredients and form into a dough.
- Cover with a clean dishcloth and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut into 4 or 5 equal pieces. Roll out to a thin 8-inch circle.
- Prick the surface of the dough with a fork and cook on an oiled hot griddle. Turn with a spatula.
- Watch these flatbread disks closely because they cook fast.
- Serve warm.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|