|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This a quick and delicious flatbread recipe utilizing the grill. Apples and brie cheese work really well together, so give this recipe a try and you'll be pleased with the results.
- 4 flatbread (prepared naan bread works well for this)
- 4 medium golden delicious apples (cored and sliced into 2 inch wide slices)
- 6-7 ounces/170-200 g brie cheese (herbed or plain)
- 1/3 cup/80 mL walnut (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL of honey
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL fresh thyme
Preheat grill for high heat. Place apples on a lightly oiled grill grate and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Cut apples into smaller slices and set aside. Place flatbread onto a large cutting board of cookie sheet. Drizzle top side with olive oil. Sprinkle a little thyme onto each piece and place grilled apples and brie slices onto flatbread, alternating between the two. Place onto the grill and cook for 5 minutes or until brie cheese starts to melt and bread is nicely toasted. Remove from heat, drizzle with honey, and top with chopped walnuts. Slice into fourths and enjoy. These pizzas make for a wonderful main course but work really well as an appetizer.