|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 58g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||19%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This a quick and delicious flatbread recipe utilizing the grill. Apples and brie cheese work really well together, so give this recipe a try and you'll be pleased with the results.
- 4 flatbread (prepared naan bread works well for this)
- 4 medium golden delicious apples (cored and sliced into 2 inch wide slices)
- 6-7 ounces/170-200 g brie cheese (herbed or plain)
- 1/3 cup/80 mL walnut (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL of honey
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL fresh thyme
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Place apples on a lightly oiled grill grate and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut apples into smaller slices and set aside. Place flatbread onto a large cutting board of cookie sheet.
- Drizzle top side with olive oil.
- Sprinkle a little thyme onto each piece and place grilled apples and brie slices onto flatbread, alternating between the two.
- Place onto the grill and cook for 5 minutes or until brie cheese starts to melt and bread is nicely toasted. Remove from heat, drizzle with honey, and top with chopped walnuts.
- Slice into fourths and enjoy. These pizzas make for a wonderful main course but work really well as an appetizer.