This is a quick and easy way to prepare a classic American dessert. By wrapping these up in individual packets, you can serve them as needed. This is particularly helpful if you have plenty of guests to attend to. Serve this dessert with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle with warmed caramel.
- 8 medium apples, sliced thinly (tart apples work best)
- 1 cup/240 mL whole oats
- 1 cup/240 mL brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup/120 mL butter
- 1/4 cup/60 mL all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL ground nutmeg
1. Combine oats, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Cut in butter until you get a crumble mixture, should be a little larger than pea sized pieces.
2. Layout 6 square pieces of aluminum foil. Divide apples and crumble mixture into six even portions and place each portion on a sheet of foil. Close the foil packets tightly and place on a preheated grill over a medium heat. Grill for about 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Remove packets from the grill, open (carefully), and pour into individual bowls. These are great if you top them with a scope of vanilla ice cream or all on their own.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|