This very simple asparagus recipe really brings out the fresh flavor of the spears. Lemon and garlic butter is great on anything but especially tender, grilled asparagus!
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter and garlic over medium-low flame.
- When the garlic begins to bubble, turn the heat to low and cook for 1 minute (be careful NOT to brown the garlic or it will get bitter).
- Turn off the heat and whisk in the lemon juice.
- Place a cast iron grill pan over med-high heat. Toss asparagus in the olive oil and when the pan is hot, grill the asparagus until tender-crisp, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Place the asparagus in a baking dish, and strain over the lemon-garlic butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and gently toss to combine. Serve warm.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|