We all know the saying: "Bacon makes everything better." And this recipe is no exception. Simple and delicious, this bacon wrapped pork tenderloin is full of flavor and quick and easy to prepare. A homemade barbecue sauce is brushed on before wrapping the tenderloin with strips of bacon, allowing for the flavors to infuse into the pork while on the grill. The bacon fat may cause flare-ups, so keep an eye on the grill and make sure to move the tenderloin around if the flames shoot up.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Using a brush, coat each tenderloin with an even amount of sauce.
- Cut bacon slices in half and wrap around the pork. Secure each end with sturdy toothpicks or halved wooden skewers.
- Place tenderloin on grill and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, making a 1/4 turn every 4 to 5 minutes. Once the internal temperature of the tenderloins reaches 150 F and the bacon is nicely cooked, remove from the heat.
- Let the meat rest for 5 minutes, then carefully remove toothpicks or skewers. Carve into 1 1/4 inch slices and serve with your favorite sides.
Tips and Variations
This recipe calls for 1-pound tenderloins, but if you are cooking larger cuts, double the sauce recipe. And if you have leftover sauce that you want to serve on the side, first boil it to remove any possible bacteria from the raw meat. Of course, you can use your favorite bottled sauce if you are short on time; start with about 1/4 cup to brush onto the tenderloins and add more if need be.
If you are looking to make this recipe healthier, consider using nitrite-free, uncured bacon, which tends to be lower in fat and calories. However, this will not impart the same flavor as regular bacon, so if you are a traditionalist, then stick to your favorite type. You can try turkey bacon if you desire, but since it has less fat than regular bacon may burn easier.
If the bacon is done but the tenderloin only reached 140 F, you can remove from the grill and wrap in aluminum foil to let sit for 10 minutes; the temperature will come up to 150 F.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|