These sliced onions are grilled with a fantastic balsamic sauce. Serve these up as they are or use these onions in any recipe that calls for them. They really do compliment a grilled hamburger or steak.
- 2 pounds (900 g) red onions
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (7.5 mL) fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
1. Heat vinegar, garlic, and rosemary in a saucepan until hot. Don't boil. Let stand 20 minutes.
2. Warm oil in a separate pan.
3. Slice onions into 1/2-inch slices.
4. Lay out on a cookie sheet and brush both sides with oil.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper over onions.
6. Grill over medium heat for 4-6 minutes. Let the onion slices slightly char.
7. Remove from grill and separate into rings. Toss with vinegar mixture and parsley.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|