This little beef kebab is perfect as an appetizer or part of a main dish. While yakitori usually indicated chicken, this marinade and sauce is too good not to use on other meats. Traditionally, yakitori is served with beer.
- 1 pound/450 g beef sirloin, sliced into thin, long strips
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup/80 mL soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL sugar
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL fresh ginger, minced
In a small mixing bowl combine soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, oil, sesame seeds and onion. Set aside. Thread beef onto bamboo skewers, pushing the skewer in and out of the meat as though sewing. You should have enough meat for 16-18 skewers. Place skewered meat in marinade, make sure it is well coated. Place in a large pan, cover and allow to refrigerate 3-4 hours.
Preheat grill for medium high heat.
Take skewered meat out of pan and discard marinade. Place on grill and cook for 3-5 minutes turning occasionally. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|