A great recipe for chicken breast. The beer adds a nice subtle flavor that compliments the sweetness of the molasses and the brightness of the cinnamon. A great addition to salads, sandwiches, wraps, or just served with rice or grilled vegetables.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup/120 mL beer, ale works best
- 1/4 cup/60 mL ketchup or tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL molasses
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL coarse ground black pepper
Combine marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Place chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag. Add marinade to chicken, seal bag, and allow to marinate in refrigerator for 2-4 hours. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Place on grill and cook for 8-9 minutes on each side. When thickest part of meat reaches 165 degrees F/75 degrees C, remove chicken from grill, let rest and serve.
Carve into slices and add to salads, wraps, and in pasta dishes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||70 g|
|Saturated Fat||20 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|