The flavorful beer brine helps to flavor and tenderize these pork chops. A perfect grilled main dish for any occasion. Tender, delicious, and simple. Serve with your favorite grilled vegetables or with a nice cool potato salad on warmer days.
- For the Brine:
- 2 cups/475 mL water
- 1 bottle dark beer
- 1/4 cup/60 mL kosher salt
- 1/4 cup/60 mL brown sugar
- 1/4 cup/60 mL molasses
- 1 1/2 cups/360 mL ice
- For the Chops:
- 6 pork chops (bone-in)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL black pepper
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL mild chili powder
1. Combine all ingredients for brine in a large bowl. Stir well to make sure that the brown sugar, salt, and molasses have dissolved into the liquid ingredients.
2. Place chops in a resealable plastic bag and pour brine over top. Carefully seal bag and place into refrigerator for 3-5 hours.
3. Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
4. Combine garlic, chili powder, and black pepper in a small bowl. Take chops out of bag, pat dry, and rub with garlic mixture.
Place pork chops on grill and cook for 10-12 minutes per side or until internal temperature in thickest part of meat reaches 165 degrees F., 75 degrees C.
5. Once cooked, remove from heat and serve with your favorite side dishes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|