Simple and delicious, these black and blue steaks derive the name from the crumbled blue cheese added to the top of meat. Simple enough to prepare for a weeknight meal, yet decadent enough for guests, this recipe will find it's way into your meal planning rotation.
- 4 New York strip steaks
- 1/3 cup/80 mL crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL softened butter
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon/5 mL onion powder (optional)
- Combine salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Sprinkle steaks with the mixture on both sides and let them sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill
- Place steaks on the grill and add a pat of butter to the side facing up, cook 5-6 minutes per side and flip. Cook for an additional 5-6 minutes or until desired doneness is achieved.
- Once cooked, remove from grill and let steaks rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with crumbled blue cheese.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|