This tuna recipe has a mixture of flavors that really compliment each other. It's spicy, yet sweet, and pungent as well. Enjoy with your favorite grilled vegetables or with rice.
- 6 tuna steaks (sushi grade, about 1 inch thick)
- For the Baste:
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) bourbon
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) honey
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) black pepper
- For the Garnish:
1. Combine all sauce ingredients in a small plastic or glass bowl. Set aside.
2. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Season steaks with salt and black pepper and place onto grill. Baste tuna steaks well with sauce, cook for 5 minutes. Turn steaks, baste again, and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
3. Remove from heat and serve with chopped green onions on top.