This grilled buffalo steak recipe is simple to follow. If you haven't tried buffalo, you're in for a treat. It is just as hearty and flavorful as beef but is much leaner.
- 4 buffalo steaks
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) red wine
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) onion powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) black pepper
- For the Sauce:
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) red wine
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
1. Place steaks in a resealable plastic bag. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over steaks. Seal bag and allow steaks to marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 8 hours.
2. Preheat grill for medium heat. Remove steaks from bag and discard marinade. Place steaks on grill and cook for 6 minutes per side.
3. Remove from heat, tent with aluminum foil, and let steaks rest for 10 minutes before serving.
4. To prepare onion sauce, heat olive oil in large skillet.
Cook onions on high for 1 minute.
5. Add red wine, reduce heat to medium and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add remaining ingredients and cook for additional 5 to 6 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low or low if necessary.
7. Once cooked, remove from heat and serve on top of buffalo steaks.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||29 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|