|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 29g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||22%|
|Total Carbohydrate 18g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This grilled buffalo steak recipe is simple to follow. If you haven't tried buffalo, you're in for a treat. It is just as hearty and flavorful as beef but is much leaner.
- 4 buffalo steaks
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) red wine
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) onion powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) black pepper
- For the Sauce:
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) red wine
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
- Gather the ingredients.
- Place steaks in a resealable plastic bag. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over steaks. Seal bag and allow steaks to marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat. Remove steaks from bag and discard marinade. Place steaks on grill and cook for 6 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat, tent with aluminum foil, and let steaks rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- To prepare onion sauce, heat olive oil in large skillet. Cook onions on high for 1 minute.
- Add red wine, reduce heat to medium and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook for additional 5 to 6 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low or low if necessary.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and serve on top of buffalo steaks.