Butter Chicken is a flavorful Indian spiced chicken dish. Now you can make it on the grill. Use a whole chicken cut up for best results. You may use melted butter or ghee, also known as clarified butter, which can be found in any Indian grocery store.
- 1 3 to 4 pound (1.4 to 1/8 kg) quartered chicken, skin removed
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) onion, pureed
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) melted butter or ghee (clarified butter)
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) coriander seed, ground
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 mL) salt
- Place skinless quartered chicken in a shallow glass dish.
- Combine all remaining ingredients, except butter or ghee, in a bowl.
- Pour mixture onto chicken. Cover dish and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 8-12 hours.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and allow to stand for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take half cup butter and melt in a saucepan; cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Place chicken on lightly oiled grill rack and cook for 35-45 minutes, turning chicken and basting with melted butter often.
- When chicken is fully cooked (or reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees in multiple spots), remove from grill and serve with remaining melted butter on top.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||85 g|
|Saturated Fat||32 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||31 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|