Pairing dill with salmon is a favorite of many, but this recipe also utilizes the tartness of capers to produce a fantastic grilled fish fit for any occasion.
As an added bonus, it comes together quickly so you can have a delicious and healthy main course on the table in around 30 minutes.
- 1 salmon fillet, about 2 pounds (900 g)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) capers, drained and minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) anchovy paste (optional)
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) honey
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove any bones from salmon fillet.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and brush onto salmon.
- Put salmon into a well-oiled fish basket on a plank (be sure to adjust cooking times if using a plank) or in an aluminum foil packet and place onto grill.
- Cook salmon for about 15 to 18 minutes or until fish reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Remove from heat and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|