|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4 to 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 22g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||22%|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Pairing dill with salmon is a favorite of many, but this recipe also utilizes the tartness of capers to produce a fantastic grilled fish fit for any occasion.
As an added bonus, it comes together quickly so you can have a delicious and healthy main course on the table in around 30 minutes.
- 1 salmon fillet, about 2 pounds (900 g)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) capers, drained and minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) anchovy paste (optional)
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) honey
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) black pepper
Preheat grill to medium heat.
Remove any bones from salmon fillet.
Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and brush onto salmon.
Put salmon into a well-oiled fish basket on a plank (be sure to adjust cooking times if using a plank) or in an aluminum foil packet and place onto grill.
Cook salmon for about 15 to 18 minutes or until fish reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Remove from heat and serve.