Arugula pesto, made with fresh walnuts, parmesan cheese, garlic, olive oil, salt and fresh baby arugula leaves, is the star of this savory breakfast grilled cheese.
When this tasty pesto is paired with creamy scrambled eggs, some tangy goat cheese and two slices of crispy buttered whole wheat bread - the flavors combine to create one explosively flavorful sandwich.
And best of all, it only takes a few minutes to make. Wrap it tightly in tinfoil and it becomes the perfect sandwich for mornings on the go!
Can't do breakfast without meat? We recommend adding some crisped up prosciutto or some chopped bacon. The addition of either one of these will make this sandwich even tastier and more filling
** We always recommend using local or organic products because hey, let's be real - they just taste better!
- 2 slices of multigrain bread
- 2 eggs (scrambled)
- 2 tsp. of salted butter
- 3 tbsp. goat cheese (crumbled)
- 1 to 2 tbsp. of arugula pesto
- Begin by taking one piece of the multigrain bread and topping it with half the cheese, then the egg, a hearty drizzle of the arugula pesto, the remaining goat cheese and then finally the last piece of bread. Butter both sides of the sandwich and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet or panini press, add your sandwich and turn the heat to medium. Cook on both sides until the entire sandwich is cooked through and the bread is all crispy and golden. Remove from heat and let set for a minute. Slice this beautiful breakfast sandwich in half and then serve! And if you're on the run, tightly wrap it in tinfoil to take it on the go!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||27 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|