This is an easy grilled chicken salad to prepare. By using part of the dressing as a marinade, you combine the flavors from beginning to end. Absolutely delicious and good for you!
- 2 chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (juice of 1 large lemon)
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) honey or pure agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) black pepper
- 4 cups (1 liter) mixed salad greens (washed)
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, onion powder, thyme, salt and black pepper in medium glass or plastic bowl.
- Place chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the dressing over them. Reserve remaining dressing for later. Make sure they are well coated. Seal bag and place into refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours.
- Preheat grill.
- Place chicken on grill and cook about 6 to 7 minutes per side or when internal temperature in the thickest part of breast reaches 165 degrees F.
- When done, remove from grill and slice into thin strips.
- Toss chicken, salad greens and remaining dressing.
- Top with feta cheese and serve.