This is an easy grilled chicken salad to prepare. By using part of the dressing as a marinade, you combine the flavors from beginning to end. Absolutely delicious and good for you!
- 2 chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (juice of 1 large lemon)
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL honey or pure agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- 4 cups/1 liter mixed salad greens (washed)
Combine olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, onion powder, thyme, salt and black pepper in medium glass or plastic bowl.
Place chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the dressing over them. Reserve remaining dressing for later. Make sure they are well coated. Seal bag and place into the refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours.
Place chicken on the grill and cook about 6 to 7 minutes per side or when the internal temperature in the thickest part of the breast reaches 165 F.
When done, remove from grill and slice into thin strips.
Toss chicken, salad greens and remaining dressing.
Top with feta cheese and serve.