These simple grilled chicken breasts are served with linguine and an easy Cajun cream sauce. The chicken takes just minutes to cook, and the sauce is a simple combination of cream and seasonings.
The chicken breasts are seasoned with blackened or Cajun seasoning spices and then they're grilled or broiled to perfection. Use an indoor or outdoor grill, broiler pan, or a stovetop grill pan to cook the chicken in this recipe.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, without skin
- 1 teaspoon
- blackened seasoning mixture (or
- Cajun seasoning)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning (Emeril's Louisiana Spice, Chachere's, etc.)
- Dash Frank's Red Hot Sauce (or Texas Pete's, or Tabasco, or to taste)
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash salt (or to taste)
- 16 ounces linguine
- 1 large tomato (seeded, diced)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Place the chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and pound to flatten slightly and make uniform in thickness.
- Lightly sprinkle the chicken with a blackened seasoning blend or Cajun seasoning. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, simmer the cream for about 4 minutes to reduce slightly. Blend flour with butter; whisk into the cream. Add the Cajun seasoning and hot sauce, to taste, along with Worcestershire sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings, as needed. Keep warm.
- Cook linguine or fettuccine in boiling salted water, following package directions; drain well.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat, or preheat broiler or outdoor grill.
- Sear chicken for about 2 minutes on each side. Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook, turning, for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Note: According to the USDA, chicken must be cooked to a minimum safe temperature of 165° F (74° C). If you're unsure or the chicken breasts are quite thick, check with an instant-read food thermometer.
- Arrange hot cooked linguine on serving plates. Slice chicken and arrange on each serving of linguine. Spoon sauce over each serving.
- Sprinkle servings with diced tomatoes and green onions.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||121 g|
|Saturated Fat||50 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||41 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|