- 2 pork tenderloins, 12-16 ounces/340-450 g
- 1 8-ounce/240 mL can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup/120 mL water
- 1/4 cup/60 mL cider vinegar
- 5 canned chipotle peppers, finely chopped
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL olive oil
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL sugar
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL dried oregano
- 1teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL ground cinnamon
To prepare marinade: combine all ingredients, except pork, in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and let cool.
Place pork tenderloins in a shallow pan, pour over marinade. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
Remove tenderloins from marinade. Make sure to reserve marinade for later use. Preheat grill. Place pork on grill rack and cook over medium high indirect heat for 35-45 minutes.
Brush occasionally with reserved marinade during the first half of the cooking time only. Once internal temperature of pork reaches 165 degrees, it is done. Remove from heat and let stand for 10-12 minutes before slicing.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|