|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||14%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is a delicious grilled pork tenderloin recipe with a southwestern flare. What you end up with is a saucy tenderloin packed with flavor.
- 2 pork tenderloins, 12-16 ounces/340-450 g
- 1 8-ounce/240 mL can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup/120 mL water
- 1/4 cup/60 mL cider vinegar
- 5 canned chipotle peppers, finely chopped
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL olive oil
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL sugar
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL dried oregano
- 1teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL ground cinnamon
- Gather the ingredients.
- To prepare marinade: combine all ingredients, except pork, in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and let cool.
- Place pork tenderloins in a shallow pan, pour over marinade. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Remove tenderloins from marinade. Make sure to reserve marinade for later use. Preheat grill. Place pork on grill rack and cook over medium high indirect heat for 35-45 minutes. Brush occasionally with reserved marinade during the first half of the cooking time only. Once internal temperature of pork reaches 165 degrees, it is done. Remove from heat and let stand for 10-12 minutes before slicing.