This grilled apple dessert is perfect for fall or winter. You can serve it sliced over pie or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, drizzled with warm caramel. Comfort food at its best!
- 2 apples, (granny smith works best) cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup/120 mL water
- 1/4 cup/60 mL lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the grill for medium heat.
- Combine water and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Add apple slices to the mixture. In a small bowl combine cinnamon, salt and sugar.
- Place apples on grill rack and allow to cook for 6-8 minutes on each side, turning once.
- Once cooked, place apples on a large dish and sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Serve with your choice of ice cream and stop with caramel sauce and chopped nuts.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|