|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This is a great dessert to serve up after a nice holiday meal. You can serve these pears with sauce alone or add a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 5-7 ripe pears
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL butter, unsalted
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL apple or pear juice
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL powdered ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL ground cloves
Place all ingredients, except pears, in a small saucepan. Simmer until butter and brown sugar has melted together. Preheat grill for medium heat. Peel and core pears making sure to leave stems on. Stand pears upright in a skillet and place on grill. Cool for 15-20 minutes over direct medium heat, while continually basting throughout the cooking process. Remove from heat and serve with glaze on top.