Using tamarind pulp gives these chicken breasts a deliciously sweet yet tangy flavor. You can serve these as is, or slice and serve in salads and wraps. If you're looking for a fast, flavorful meal, then this is it.
- 4 chicken breasts, skin removed
- 2 cups/475 mL chicken broth
- 1 cup/240 mL orange juice
- 1/2 cup/120 mL olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL dried thyme (1 teaspoon/5 mL fresh thyme)
- 1 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
1. Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag. Mix remaining ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Pour 1/2 of the mixture over chicken, seal, and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 2-6 hours.
2. Place remaining marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the sauce has thickened (coats a back of a spoon).
Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Rewarm sauce (if required) for a few minutes right before serving.
2. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Place chicken onto the grill and cook for 6 minutes per side (or until internal temperature reaches between 165-170 degrees). Remove from heat and serve with topped with warmed tamarind sauce. Serve with your favorite sides.