|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4-5|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 34g||44%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40%|
|Total Carbohydrate 15g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These chicken breasts get marinated in a fruity and flavorful mixture of citrus juices, herbs and spices. Delicious on their own, but also excellent in tacos, wraps, and salads.
- 4-5 boneless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces [170 g] each)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh tarragon (chopped)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 4 tablespoons orange juice (juice of 1 orange)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (zest of 1 orange)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (zest of 1 lemon)
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) salt
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) ginger (grated)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) black pepper (ground)
Combine all ingredients, except chicken breasts, in a medium bowl.
Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag and add marinade. Seal and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
Take chicken out of the bag and pour marinade into a saucepan.
Bring marinade to a good boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 3 minutes.
Remove from heat. This will be used as a baste for the chicken while it's on the grill.
Preheat grill for medium heat.
Place chicken on the grill and cook for 3 minutes, turn, baste seared side with cooked marinade and repeat the process with the other side.
Do this a total of 3 times per side. Once the internal temperature of chicken reaches between 165-170 degrees, remove from heat and let rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.