These citrus and yogurt marinated chicken breasts provide a subtle and delicately delicious addition to salads, sandwiches, and soups. Serve them up as the main attraction with a side of grilled vegetables for a light meal, or simply cut into cubes and serve as an appetizer along with your favorite dipping sauce.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups (240 mL) Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) salt, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. If you choose to flatten the chicken breasts, place on a large sheet of plastic wrap and cover with another.
- Take a kitchen mallet and pound the chicken to about half the original thickness.
- Remove from plastic wrap and place into resealable plastic bag.
- Add marinade and be sure to coat well.
- Seal bag(s) and place in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.
- Place chicken on grill and cook for 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Once internal temperature at the thickest part of the breast reaches 165 F, remove from heat. Let meat rest for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||74 g|
|Saturated Fat||22 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||29 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|