This is a simple, yet delicious Mediterranean-style kebab recipe that works great with beef, lamb or pork.
- 2 pounds (900 g) tri-tip steak cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 to 3 medium yellow onions, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons (15 mL) cognac or 3 tablespoons (15 mL) red wine
- 2 tablespoons (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) black pepper
- 4 to 6 metal skewers
1. Combine steak with oil and seasonings in a large bowl. Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for 3 to 12 hours.
2. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Put beef and onions onto skewers alternately. Place on grill and cook for 6 minutes, turn and cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.