This grilled duck recipe combines lean duck breasts with a wide variety of flavors, including soy, ginger, and mango. This marinade turns into a delicious glaze on the grill as you cook it.
- 1 pound/450 g skinless, boneless duck breast (fat removed)
- 2 cups/475 mL hot cooked rice
- For the Marinade:
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL ginger root (minced)
- 2 tablespoon/30 mL low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL mango chutney (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL salt
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 black pepper
Combine ginger, soy sauce, garlic, salt, black pepper,sesame oil and cinnamon in small bowl. Wash ducks off with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Place into a resealable plastic and add marinade. Release air from bag and seal. Place into refrigerator for 8-24 hours.
Preheat grill and oil grate. Remove duck breasts from bag and discard marinade. Grill over direct heat for about 4-6 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
About 1-2 minute before removing from the grill spoon mango chutney on top side. When done, remove from grill and serve with rice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||33 g|