|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 pound (4 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 136g||49%|
|Dietary Fiber 33g||120%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This grilled duck recipe combines lean duck breasts with a wide variety of flavors, including soy, ginger, and mango. This marinade turns into a delicious glaze on the grill as you cook it.
- 1 pound/450 g. skinless, boneless duck breast (fat removed)
- 2 cups/475 mL hot cooked rice
- For the Marinade:
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL ginger root (minced)
- 2 tablespoon/30 mL low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL mango chutney (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL salt
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 black pepper
Combine ginger, soy sauce, garlic, salt, black pepper, sesame oil and cinnamon in a small bowl.
Wash ducks off with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
Place into a resealable plastic and add the marinade. Release air from bag and seal. Place into the refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours.
Preheat grill and oil grate.
Remove duck breasts from the bag and discard marinade.
Grill over direct heat for about 4 to 6 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 160 F.
About 1 to 2 minutes before removing from the grill spoon mango chutney on the top side.
When done, remove from grill and serve with rice.