Coffee is a great seasoning and works beautifully in marinades. The flavor isn't overbearing and will help to enhance the natural beefiness of any steak or roast.
- 2 pound (900 g) tri-tip roast, about 6 ounces each
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) finely ground espresso coffee beans
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) chili powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) sea salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) black pepper, coarse ground
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) garlic powder
1. Combine espresso beans, brown sugar, garlic powder, black pepper, and chili powder. Rub mixture onto steaks and place into a resealable container. Cover and allow to refrigerate for an hour.
2. Preheat grill for medium heat. Remove steaks from fridge and place on grill. Cook for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, depending on the thickness of roast and desired doneness.
3. Once cooked, remove from heat allow to sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|