The combination of red wine and soy sauce works beautifully together to flavor these steaks. While you can't go wrong with filet mignon, this sauce helps to amp it up just a little bit. If you'd like a serving sauce for the steaks, simply triple the marinade ingredients (of course, you be the judge with the red pepper flakes). Simmer 2/3 of the mixture in a saucepan for 5-6 minutes and serve on steak once off the grill.
- 2 filet mignon, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1/4 cup/60 mL dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL salt
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL black pepper
Combine all marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Place steaks into marinade and turn to coat well. Cover bowl and allow steaks to marinade in refrigerator for 1 hour. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Remove steaks from bowl and discard marinade. Place steaks on a well oiled grill rack and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or to desired doneness. Remove from heat and serve alone of with sauce on top.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|