|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 1/4 Pounds (3 to 4 Servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||27%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The onions are marinated with the steak, giving it a fantastic flavor. Grill the onions until by are brown and soft then serve them on top of the flank steak. You can also set aside some of the marinades and to saute the onions if you'd prefer. Either way, this is a delicious steak recipe is sure to please.
- 1 1/4 pounds/570 g. flank steak
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/2-inch rings
- 1/4 cup/60 mL balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL olive oil
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL allspice
Combine vinegar, mustard, salt, black pepper, allspice, rosemary and oil in large, shallow glass dish.
Add steak and onions; turn to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
Grill steak and onions 12 to 16 minutes (depending on thickness and desired doneness), turning a few time and brushing with marinade during the first half of cooking.
Once cooked, remove from heat, let meat rest for 5 minutes and then slice steak across the grain.
Serve with onions.