|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 5|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 54g||69%|
|Saturated Fat 26g||129%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
If you enjoy shrimp scampi, then this is the grilled shrimp recipe for you. The shrimp first marinate in half of the sauce, which is comprised of a mixture of butter, olive oil, garlic, white wine, and herbs. Then, when it's finished cooking, the shrimp are drizzled with the remaining sauce (or you can serve it on the side). This gives it a double dose of delicious garlic-butter flavor.
You can serve the shrimp as part of the main course over pasta or rice or serve them as appetizers at your next cookout.
Gather the ingredients.
Place shrimp in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients for the sauce.
Divide sauce in half, and pour one half of the sauce onto shrimp. Toss to coat, cover, and place in the refrigerator for 30 to 40 minutes.
Preheat grill to medium heat. Arrange shrimp onto skewers. Try to fit about 5 or 6 on each skewer. Do not overcrowd.
Place skewers onto grill and cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side. When shrimp no longer look translucent, take on a pink hue, and the texture is firm, remove from heat.
Meanwhile, heat remaining half of the sauce in a pan over low heat until warm.
Arrange skewered shrimp on a platter and either drizzle heated sauce over top or serve the warm sauce on the side. Garnish with extra chopped basil or parsley.
- If you are using wooden skewers, rather than metal, soak them in water for at least 10 minutes before using. This will prevent them from burning on the grill.
- Keep one side of your grill cool and place the skewers on the grill so the shrimp are over the heat and the rest of the skewer is not. This way the base of the skewer will not be too hot to the touch.
- Shrimp cooks very quickly. Make sure to keep an eye on the skewers and remove them from the heat as soon as they're done. Overcooked shrimp will be tough and rubbery.
- Crusty bread is the perfect accompaniment for shrimp scampi.
- The orange juice adds a nice touch to this recipe, but if you prefer a more traditional flavor, you can replace it with lemon juice.
- Eliminate the basil if you are trying to replicate a classic shrimp scampi.